MK MARATHON AMBASSADOR 2019 - HUZZAH!

The cat is out the bag (not literally, as I quite literally know what literally means!) - I have been chosen to be an Ambassador for the MK Marathon 2019! 

I am childishly excited...

I've come to more serious running in my *cough* mid-to-late-forties, although I've jogged on and off for ever, I've even done a few Mountain Marathons (although mostly as an excuse to buy a titanium teapot and a ridiculous tent, and we did a LOT of walking); but to my surprise I'm much better at it now than when I was 20 - I don't know what's changed (possibly because I'm actually doing some training hmmm...)- but I'm absolutely going to make the most of it whilst it lasts.

So I've been steadily improving at 5k and 10k, I've got a couple of okay-ish half-marathons under my belt and I've done lots of cross-country; but I've never done a marathon, and depending how the first one goes I may only ever do one, so I want it to be a good one, so I'm running MK because:


1.   It's flat and scenic - lakes, woodland and you finish in the properly impressive Stadium MK. 
 
2.   Medals - cool medals - almost certainly with cows on 'em - and a t-shirt!
It's not too big - there are some marathons *cough* no names mentioned, where some people will have finished before you're over the starting mat.

3.   I really like MK  - it gets a bit of a bad press, but it's got everything - loads of green spaces, the Redways (interesting MK fact alert - strap in! - the Redways were originally going to be called "Pedways" but the name was mis-typed as Redways and it stuck - I know - I've got loads of these!), great sports facilities, shopping, cinemas, a good theatre (it could do with a really good swimming pool though - jus' saying!).


4.   The crowds and marshals are great - I should know - I was one last year!

5.   MK stood in for New York in Superman IV - THIS IS TRUE! And why wouldn't it? Look -  here's Superman at the train station about to catch the 13:49 to Wolverton.




6.   I live 10 minutes away - I'm sure the Isle of Harris Marathon is really super, but it's quite the drive from Leighton Buzzard...

So get ready to be bored stimulated and excited with endless training updates and MK facts!

And while you're about it - why not enter yourself: http://mkmarathon.com/enter-events/ you might won't regret it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A DIRTY WEEKEND (well a Saturday anyway)

THE ROYAL PARKS HALF MARATHON - HOW MANY PEOPLE? HOW MUCH RAIN?